Welcome to SHAPE
Strategic Health Asset Planning and Evaluation
SHAPE is a web-enabled, evidence-based application which informs and supports the strategic planning of services and physical assets across a whole health economy.
The Strategic Health Asset Planning and Evaluation application:
- Links national datasets for clinical analysis, public health, primary care and demographic data with estates performance and facilities location;
- Enables interactive investigations by Local Area Teams, Providing Trusts, CCGs, GP practices and Local Authorities;
- Supports key policy initiatives such as QIPP, JSNA, Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment and Transforming Community Services;
- Provides you with a range of flexible capabilities; you drive it in the direction you want it to go.
The latest version of SHAPE:
- includes a set of predefined indicators so information of interest to you can be easily identified and also benchmarked;
- can easily identify outliers so can see quickly where there are opportunities for improvement for your organisation;
- has maps central to the application so that all data can be described visually on a map;
- can present on a map clinical admissions for individual HRGs (Healthcare Resource Groups 4) by LSOA (Lower Super Output Area);
- supports Local Area Team (LAT) and Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) boundaries;
- includes downloadable reports which summarise your organisation’s performance on a range of indicators from hospital activity to deprivation to estate performance;
- provides drive time and distance catchment options;
- includes a knowledge exchange so users can find out how best to use the site and get instant help from the helpdesk;
- supports Pharmaceutical Needs Assessments: download PNA dashboard details (920Kb pdf file)
NEW: Download the SHAPE NHS flyer (912Kb pdf file)
NEW: Download the SHAPE LA flyer (927Kb pdf file)
SHAPE case studies
NEW: Kent County Council – increasing climate resilience (276Kb pdf file)
Reconfiguration of Primary Care Services (1.82Mb pdf file)
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (2.39Mb pdf file)
Long Term Conditions (1.64Mb pdf file)
QIPP Right Care (1.47Mb pdf file)
QIPP Safe Care (1.16Mb pdf file)
Strategic Commissioning (2.38Mb pdf file)
Transforming Community Services (2.83Mb pdf file)
Urgent and Emergency Care (2.01Mb pdf file)
Monthly training webinars
In response to the increased number of users we are creating more training opportunities to make sure users get the best experience of using SHAPE. Attending training sessions can be expensive and time consuming for our participants so we have decided to use webinars to deliver the training which are free and you don’t need to leave your desk!
We will be hosting an hour long session once a month that anyone can join in. They will be held on the first Wednesday of every month at 10am.
The next webinar will be at 10am on Wednesday 1 July 2015.
Benefits of webinars:
- Live and interactive, you can ask questions directly to the presenter
- Can be recorded so you can watch and listen back at your convenience
What you will need to join the webinar:
- A computer
- Internet access
- A phone line or speaker/headset
- The first time you use the webinar you will be asked to download some software
For more details contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 374 2219.
|Watch the recording of a previous webinar:
view the SHAPE quick user guide in user resources.
The latest version of the SHAPE application requires a modern, standards-compliant, browser to run. We recommend the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera on a PC or Mac, or Internet Explorer 8 or later on a PC. The application will run in a basic mode in Internet Explorer v7.
We detect that you are using unknown so you should be fine.
You need a screen with a resolution of at least 1280x800 pixels. The application will use as much screen space as available to maximise the map display area and we recommend running it full screen mode.
We detect that your screen is capable of displaying x pixels – your browser has a full screen mode.